Novagraaf UK is looking to expand its team in Manchester with an experienced Trademark Formalities Officer.
As an experienced trademark administrator, you will work closely with the existing team to provide a wide range of administrative support to the attorneys. This is a varied role that offers the chance to develop your skills and take on additional responsibilities.
Novagraaf strongly believes in developing its staff to their fullest potential and provides on-going support and training for all employees. We encourage our staff to help develop the business and to build our client base.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Trademark Formalities Officer with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and with exceptional attention to detail.
Role and responsibilities
To support the attorney in the management of client portfolios and undertake all the formalities required to successfully manage trademark portfolios in the UK, EU and overseas, including:
- Filing trademark applications and renewals
- Preparing IPO forms including those requiring fee earner input
- Reporting non-contentious examination reports to client
- Checking and sending publications of trademarks to client
- Checking and sending registration and renewal certificates
- Administration of other trademark formalities including recording licences and assignments, changes of name and address of the proprietor, recording Novagraaf as address for service etc
- Managing Inprotech database, including creating, auditing and updating records to ensure accuracy
- Responding to clients, IPO and foreign associate queries that do not require fee earner input or responding in conjunction with fee earner input where appropriate
- Drafting update reports for clients in conjunction with fee earner
- Maintenance of Inprotech diary system, monitoring due dates
- Maintenance of files and document management system
- Monitoring group email accounts
- Opening and scanning post and reporting it to the relevant members of staff
- General office duties including answering the telephone, greeting clients/visitors to the office etc.
The successful candidate will be expected to work predominantly on their own initiative and be:
- Highly proficient
- Able to adopt a hands on approach
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and varying workloads
- Proactive in their approach
- Have a flexible attitude to work
- Able to prioritise tasks
- Good team working skills.
- Minimum 3 years experience in trademark formalities. Applicants with patent experience may also be considered.
- Knowledge of the Inprotech management system is desirable. However, full training will be provided for the systems and processes used by Novagraaf.
- CITMA certificate also desirable.
Salary is negotiable dependent upon experience.
Apply for this position
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV along with a cover letter including your salary expectations to: UK-Recruitment@novagraaf.com.