IP2Check: checking availability of trademarks
There will come a time when you want to convert your idea into a concrete plan. As part of this, you’ll need to choose a new name and consult various online trademark registries to ensure that it is available. Novagraaf’s IP2Check service will enable you to verify all trademark registries even faster.
Please enter your desired brand or product name below in order to search to see if the trademark is still available. Click on 'search' to receive an overview of availability. You can also perform an advanced search by clicking on ‘advanced search’.
- There can only be found 100% identical, so search for 'march' gives only results with 'march' but no results with 'mars space exploration',
- The results are indicative. Not all countries and / or for variants of the trademark can be verified with IP2check,
- IP2check only works with Internet Explorer version 8.0 and higher, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome.
Better decisions with IP2Check
You probably already have a working title or list of ideal names for your new business or product idea, but before you can launch it into the market, you’ll first need to check that the name you’ve chosen for your product or service is still available and can be registered. Novagraaf has developed its IP2Check tool to facilitate this process. By providing you with a means to quickly and easily consult trademark registries, you will gain rapid insight into existing brand names. In the past, the various registries had to be consulted one by one, but with IP2Check this is no longer necessary. Just one query is sufficient to obtain results from three different trademark registries.
Results from different registries
IP2Check consults the following online trademark and domain names registries:
- The Benelux trademark registry (Benelux Office for Intellectual Property, BOIP). This registry includes all national trademark registrations that have validity in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. Registration of your trademark in this registry provides protection in the entire Benelux.
- The European trademark registry (The Office of Harmonisation for the Internal Market, OHIM). This registry contains all the trademark registrations under the rules of the OHIM. The European trademark registry offers you protection in all countries of the European Union.
- The international trademark registry (World Intellectual Property Organisation, WIPO). This registry includes trademarks that are registered for countries that have acceded to this Convention and/or the Madrid Protocol.
Additional search is possible
IP2Check provides you with the information that you need to easily see whether your desired trademark is still available in the three territories outlined above But, what if you also want to check for availability in other territories? Novagraaf provides trademark availability searches in all jurisdictions and we can tailor our searches to the territories that are most important to you, including those registries that cannot be consulted by means of the IP2Check tool.
Would you like to know more about IP2Check?
IP2Check enables you to consult various trademark registries online. It therefore provides you with a first important tool for the registration of your trademark. If you have any further questions about IP2Check or would like an additional search performed, please feel free to contact one of our specialists. They would be happy to assist you with the searching and registration of your trademarks. You can also contact us with questions about EasyIP or TMwebscan using the contact form at the top right of this page.