Your own place on the internet: your site or online store
These days it is impossible to imagine organising our personal and business lives without the internet. Almost everyone uses the internet at home and any business looking to reach its target market needs to be online if it is to be successful.
The use of internet
A few key figures:
- There are currently 255 million websites;
- There are a total of 202 million domain names;
- There are almost 3 billion email addresses that send a total of 107,000 billion emails each year; and
- There are approximately 2 billion internet users, with more than a quarter of that number in Europe.
(source: Pingdom, January 2011)
The internet has virtually no limits and offers a major marketplace to businesses. That’s why it’s important for your company and/or your brand to have a presence on the internet. You may well already have one. Do you already have a domain name, for example (derived from) your company name or your brand names? Do you have your own website with web pages describing how you can be of service to others? Are you already doing business via internet with an online store, for example?
Registration and administration by Novagraaf
Novagraaf offers a comprehensive suite of services that not only helps you to build a presence on the internet, but also ensures that you thrive there. You can, for instance, register your domain names with us, thereby enabling you to create your own email addresses and home page or set up an online store. If you have your domain names registered and managed by Novagraaf, you can also make use of our additional services and free tools, such as:
- A (temporary) home page. If you do not have the time, money or inclination, we can develop a comprehensive site or online store for you.
- Administrative and technical facilities relating to your domain names, for example, moves, redirects and sub-domains.
The importance of a domain name
By registering a domain name, you will have exclusive use of that name for a set period. Depending on the domain, registration can be renewed after a period of one to two years. Most internet service providers will do this automatically, but owners of domain names may also choose to sell their right of use to that name or simply not renew it. In the latter case, the domain name can be registered by another interested party.
Your domain name is your own unique location on internet. Once registered, you have several options:
- Link a website to the domain name and use various email addresses with the domain name. For example www.yourcompany.nl as website and firstname.lastname@example.org as the email address.
- Redirect the domain name to another domain name.
- Register the domain name for later use. This prevents others from registering the name in the meantime.
Would you like to know more about websites and online stores?
The services provided by Novagraaf go further than simple registration. Take a look at the other pages about domains on our website, such as the availability of domain names, domain name registration, domain name watching and buying and selling domain names. If you have specific questions about an email address, online store, web pages, homepage or about protecting your trademarks in general, please complete the contact form at the top right of this page.