Our patent services: support throughout the innovation and patent life cycle
The Novagraaf Group supports clients throughout the innovation and patent life cycle: from invention spotting and patent drafting to licensing, due diligence and sale. Our patent attorneys have a strong commercial focus and scientific and/or technical background, in addition to their expertise in national and international patent laws, enabling them to provide specialist support and advice to SMEs, large corporations, lone inventors, IP departments, universities and research institutes in a variety of industries.
This is a basic introduction to the patent services provided by the Novagraaf Group. For further information on the process of obtaining or enforcing patents, or for more detailed advice on our services, including patent drafting, prior art searching, and litigation support, contact us using the contact form at the top right of this page.
Novagraaf’s patent services: an overview
Broadly, Novagraaf’s patent services sit within the following processes or categories:
- Patent portfolio development and strategy – from invention spotting services to advice on the best methods of protection for a new invention or technology area.
- Patent searching, including prior art and infringement searches
- Prosecuting applications to grant – drafting, filing and prosecution, including the incoming Unitary Patent
- Enforcement and defence, including validity searches in case of infringement proceedings
- Freedom to operate: clearance searching and opinions
- Patent portfolio management – portfolio auditing and management strategies
- Maintenance and renewals – services and technology to ensure rights are kept secure
- Representation – oppositions, appeals and revocation proceedings, litigation support
- Licensing and assignment – advising on, reviewing and drafting patent licences.
- Due diligence, e.g. during an M&A, sale or portfolio takeover
- Collaborative forms of innovation, including the management of open innovation
Novagraaf’s patent services: further information
You can find out more about Novagraaf’s patent services and the processes for obtaining, maintaining and enforcing patent rights using the links above. Alternatively, contact our customer support team, using the contact form at the top right of this page.
Patents definedService suitable for :
What is a patent: how to protect new technology, inventions and other forms of innovation.
Patent filingService suitable for :
Patent basics and when to consult a patent attorney: Key steps for inventors seeking a national patent for an invention.
The Unitary PatentService suitable for :
The Unitary Patent: a new route to European patent protection at the EPO. Click here for advice on developing a robust patent filing strategy in Europe.
Unitary Patents - FAQService suitable for :
Extending protectionService suitable for :
How to get a patent: Protecting innovation in a global market using national and regional patent offices, such as the EPO.
Patent searchingService suitable for :
Does your invention or innovation fulfil patent office requirements for novelty? Find out with Novagraaf’s prior art searching service.
Freedom to operateService suitable for :
Freedom to operate (market clearance) searching and opinions for patents and the technology and innovation they protect.
EnforcementService suitable for :
The patent life cycle: Advice from patent attorneys on the protection and enforcement of patent rights.
Portfolio managementService suitable for :
The patent life cycle: Proactive portfolio management of the patents that protect your innovation and technology.
Our expertiseService suitable for :
Novagraaf’s fields of expertise: An introduction to our patent specialisms in the Life Sciences, mechanical engineering, physics, science and technology.