Novagraaf UK is looking to expand its team in Manchester with an experienced Trademark Paralegal / Team Coordinator.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced Trademark Paralegal candidate who is looking for progression into a team leadership role. In return we offer the potential for a career in Intellectual Property with a leading European Group.
Role and responsibilities
As a Trademark Paralegal, you will work closely with the existing team to provide a wide range of support to the attorneys. This is a varied role that offers the chance to develop your skills and take on additional responsibilities.
Team Coordinator responsibilities (20%)
- With guidance from the Management team – full day to day supervision of five formalities staff
- Ensuring that all the day to day formalities activity is delivered by the formalities team, thus enabling fee earners to spend more time servicing client needs.
- Assisting with the review of and improvement of internal formalities procedures
- Taking responsibility for general office management and administration duties
Key paralegal responsibilities (80%)
To support the attorney in the management of client portfolios and be aware of and undertaking all the formalities required to successfully manage trademark portfolios in the UK, EU and overseas, including:
- Filing trademark applications and renewals
- Preparing IPO forms including those requiring fee earner input
- Reporting non-contentious examination reports to client
- Preparing simple examination responses
- Managing filing and recordal projects, coordinating documentary requirements etc.
- Preparing basic assignment documents
- Managing Inprotech database, including creating, auditing and updating records to ensure accuracy
- Maintenance of Inprotech diary system, monitoring due dates
- Maintenance of files and document management system
- Responding to clients, IPO and foreign associate queries that do not require fee earner input or responding in conjunction with fee earner input where appropriate
- Drafting update reports for clients in conjunction with fee earner
- Drafting advice regarding searches and filing strategy
- Preparing draft opposition/cancellation forms
- Preparing evidence bundles
- Drafting substantive advice on simple legal queries
- Conducting basic TM clearance searches
- Managing integration of new trademark portfolios onto our systems
- Reviewing charges on Work in Progress
- Reviewing Agent invoice for approval/challenging agent invoices
- Conducting Client conflict and money laundering checks
Essential skills and behaviours
The successful candidate will be expected to work predominantly on their own initiative and be:
- Highly proficient
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and varying workloads
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Proactive in their approach
- Ambitious for increased responsibility and progression
- Have a flexible attitude to work
- Good team working skills
- Minimum five years' experience in trademark formalities. Applicants with patent experience may also be considered.
- Knowledge of the Inprotech management system is desirable. However, full training will be provided for the systems and processes used by Novagraaf.
- CITMA certificate also desirable.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Generous pension scheme
- Full support and training
Apply for this position
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work for Novagraaf UK to: UK-Recruitment@novagraaf.com.