Marion Bénetière holds an engineering degree in Telecommunications from IMT Atlantique, with a specialisation in digital signal and image processing, and a PhD in image processing from the University of Rennes. She graduated from the Centre d'Etudes Internationales de la Propriété Industrielle (CEIPI, University of Strasbourg) in 2004, and has been a French Patent Attorney since 2011 and a European Patent Attorney since 2006.
After first focusing on research and development, Marion started her career in IP in 2001 in a large industrial group specialising in electronics, lighting and medical systems. She then joined a large French telecom group for nine years, followed by a technological research institute for four years. Since 2018, she has been working in private practice, joining Novagraaf Technologies in 2023.
Marion works in various technical fields such as telecommunications and networks (core networks, 5G, IoT, etc.), video compression, signal and image processing, imaging systems, information technology, communication services, user interfaces, artificial intelligence (AI), security, content protection, medical devices, telemedicine, etc.
- EPI (European Patent Institute)
- CNCPI (Compagnie Nationale des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle).
Areas of expertise
Her areas of expertise include
- patent drafting (in French and in English)
- prosecution of French, European, international (PCT) and foreign patent applications
- opposition and appeal procedures before the European Patent Office
- strategic management of patent portfolios,
- expert reports on freedom to operate, patentability, infringement and validity analysis
- litigation and pre-litigation case files
- policy advice for both prosecuting and defending
- dispute and renumeration management
- issues related to collaborative research (contracts, co-ownership, assignment of shares), software registrations, open-source and inventor remuneration.
Marion is also a tutor for junior patent engineers.
- Emerging technologies
- Software & IT