Stéphane Masi has worked in IP in both industry and private practice since 2007. First based in Paris, he moved to Brittany in 2011 to work as a patent engineer before joining Novagraaf France in 2021.
Stéphane holds a PhD in chemistry from the University of Paris (Chimie ParisTech) as well as a Diplôme d'études approfondies (DEA) in bioorganic chemistry. He completed his CEIPI (patents) at the University of Strasbourg in 2008. He has been a European Patent Attorney since 2017 and an Industrial Property Attorney in France since 2020.
Stéphane is member of EPI and CNCPI.
Areas of expertise
- Freedom to operate, patentability, infringement and patent validity reports and opinions
- Patent drafting (French and English)
- Patent prosecution for French, European, international (PCT) and foreign patent applications
- Patent portfolio strategy and optimisation
- Management of examination, grant, opposition and appeal procedures before the European Patent Office (EPO)
- Litigation and pre-litigation strategy and management
- Invention protection
- Validity studies of third party patents
- Automotives & aviation
- Food & food technology
- Home appliances
- Life Sciences & biotech (pharma, medical devices, biosensors)
- Mechanics (incl. material processing)
- Oil & gas