Novagraaf is a global player in the field of Intellectual Property. Whether it concerns trademarks, patents or designs, we advise on protection, manage rights all over the world, identify abuse and act decisively when infringements occur.
Since 2021 we have been part of the Questel group, world leader in the field of Intellectual Property Services and provider of an integrated platform of software and services to meet all needs in terms of Intellectual Property and Innovation Management.
More than 35,000 clients in 30 countries have entrusted us with their IP portfolios.
Our specialists work to meet the challenges of tomorrow, nationally and internationally. We offer you a unique environment in which you can work on the most beautiful and strongest brands on a daily basis.
We are looking for an Intellectual Property Paralegal to join our Belgium offices.
To strengthen our team we are looking for an experienced IP Paralegal. Your role is to support our IP consultants in managing our clients' portfolios. Your diligence, sense of responsibility, language skills and organizational talent add a lot to the team. The Belgian team consists of 16 colleagues and the atmosphere can be described as ambitious, accessible and non-hierarchical. Personal growth and development of your potential is encouraged.
We offer you:
- A full-time job and the ability to work flexibly, notably partial work from home or from the satellite office in Melle.
- An attractive salary package with interesting terms of employment
- A pleasant and open company culture where personal growth is stimulated
Our offices are easy to reach by public transport (Brussels), bicycle or car.
Role and responsibilities
These are your main challenges:
- You assist the IP Consultants in the execution of IP projects such as preparing and submitting new registrations, renewal applications and annotating changes to the registries. You execute these independently and monitor their progress
- You have insight into the total IP portfolio of our clients and keep track of their status in our database
- You answer procedural questions, prepare correspondence to our clients and our foreign agents
- You also provide the IP Consultants with legal support
You have studied IP and especially trademark law and manage files independently. You have a good knowledge of administrative and legal procedures. You know better than anyone how to set priorities and create an overview. Planning, organizing, structuring and meeting tight deadlines are no problem for you. You can work well independently and are ready for a new challenge.
What will you bring?
- A completed bachelor's degree, preferably law or legal education
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a paralegal of which at least 2 years in Trademarks
- Skilled in MS office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing. French is a plus
- You are self-directed, accurate and structured and know how to set priorities
- You like to work in a team
- Affinity with Intellectual Property law