With the Brexit transition period to officially end on 31 December 2020, the timeframe is set for businesses to prepare their IP portfolios for Britain's exit from the EU. Watch the recording of our latest Brexit webinar for timely advice on safeguarding your IP strategies and minimising business risk
With the Brexit transition period to officially end on 31 December 2020, the timeframe is set for businesses to effectively prepare their IP portfolios. With the deadline fast approaching, what should IP professionals and brand owners be doing to minimise business risk and put themselves in the best position to manage their portfolios?
In our webinar on 7 October, our experts covered:
- the status of the negotiations on the future UK-EU relationship post-transition period;
- the plans that have been put in place for the cloning of IP rights after the transition period ends and their implications for rights holders;
- the proposals for the management of UK parallel imports/exports and exhaustion of IP rights after the transition period ends and their implications for rights holders; and
- both the UK and EU perspectives on how to prepare your IP portfolio for the end of the transition period and beyond.
- Vanessa Harrow, Head of Trademarks at Novagraaf UK
- Franc Enghardt, Benelux and European Trademark and Design Attorney, Novagraaf Netherlands
- Katrina Burchell, Founder of Burchell Consulting
- Phil Lewis, Director General of the Anti-Counterfeiting Group
This webinar is ideal for anyone engaged in the oversight – both administrative and strategic – of IP portfolios.