Brexit and IP – preparing your trademarks and designs for the end of the transition period
On 7 October 2020, we brought together a team of experts to discuss what Brexit means for your IP portfolio, as well as any actions you may need to take to safeguard your IP strategies and minimise business risk post-Brexit. Watch the recording of our webinar below.
As the UK has now left the EU, what should IP professionals and brand owners be doing to minimise business risk and put themselves in the best position to manage their portfolios?
In our webinar on 7 October 2020, our experts covered:
- the status of the negotiations (at the time of broadcasting) on the UK-EU relationship post-transition period;
- the plans that were put in place for the cloning of IP rights after the transition period and their implications for rights holders;
- the proposals for the management of UK parallel imports/exports and exhaustion of IP rights after the transition period and their implications for rights holders; and
- both the UK and EU perspectives on how to prepare your IP portfolio for the end of the transition period and beyond.
- Vanessa Harrow, Head of Trademarks at Novagraaf UK
- Franc Enghardt, Benelux and European Trademark and Design Attorney, Novagraaf Netherlands
- Katrina Burchell, Founder of Burchell Consulting
- Phil Lewis, Director General of the Anti-Counterfeiting Group
This webinar is ideal for anyone engaged in the oversight – both administrative and strategic – of IP portfolios.